Monday, March 5, 2012

In sickness and in health-A trip to the Genetic counselor

Both of their families have the disease making it easy for it to be passed on to their kids. Like Greg's brother Jeff, he has to be treated with injections of proteins that help the blood to clot. Even the smallest cut could uncontrollably bleed on Jeff's body. Shortly after Jeff's birth they found out this was wrong with him and ever since then. These injections used to contain clotting factor isolating from the blood of human donors, for the last 10 years he is now receiving recombinant clotting factor, this is genetically engineered. Greg and Olga met as her uncle was also getting the treatment that Greg's brother had. They are scared that their family might have a great chance at getting this disease, so the genetic counselor had them feel out a narrative history list of their families.



1. No they do not skip a generation
2. His mom may not have it but the disease is running through the family and it could mean anything
3. nopeee
4. 50%
5. no percent chance
1. The numbers are very decreased, not everyone gets it
2. Consanguineous means being descended from the same ancestry or heritage
3. Autosomal lets men and woman have the equal chance of getting "something:
1. Gene that determines the sex of the child'
2. X chromosomes are automaticaly sent fomr the mom so its up to the dad what chromosome is next and thats where you get the Y from.
3. Must have two copies
4.My pedigree shows this
5. Their is a 50% that this could be passed on through out her family however, if you notice that males are the main gender that seems to consist of the disease. . .
6. He does not carry it therefore their is no chance he could pass it on to his family.


1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August 2010. A valuable friend told me about Dr. Itua Herbal Center in West Africa. She gave me her phone number and email address. I quickly contacted him to guarantee that his herbal medicines will heal my cancer and I will heal forever I said OK.I ask him what is the healing process, he asks me to pay the fees I did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine and then he asked me I told my friend Gomez about the herbal drug so that he gave me to go and drink it.So after drinking for two weeks, I was cured, I am so grateful and I promise that I will do it I recommend to anyone who has cancer and that that I am doing. Herbal medicine Dr. Itua makes me believe that there is hope for people with Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, cancer, scoliosis, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer and breast cancer. kidney cancer. , Leukemia, lung cancer, skin cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer Fibromyalgia, a
    Fibrodysplasia Syndrome, Epilepsy,Sclerosis sickness, Dupuytren's Disease, Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's Disease, Lupus, Adrenocortic Carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic Diseases.HIV Help, HIV Aids, Herpes, Disease Chronic inflammatory, Memory disorder,
    Here is his contact information ...... [Email ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Whatsapp ... + 2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete